Saturday, July 20, 2019

July 11 2019 Day 1

                                            July 11 2019

   As I had mentioned in my prior post the concept is basically very simple , I was sitting down by the river in the evening with my coffee and just absorbing nature , the sounds of the birds , the frolicking baby mink and of coarse that unique sound of the river that changes daily.
  As a artist and creator I am always thinking of ways to engage people , so one day I brought a little piece of scrape wood and a knife and just started witling away and a lil canoe emerged ,was this an influence from the energy of the area , maybe, then the thought occurred maybe I will just let it go in the river.
 I didn't let it go that evening , I held onto it and decided to put something on it and that's when the number came to mind and set a goal of 99 canoes.
  Being concerned of our environment I didn't want to use chemicals ie: wood stains or paint , maybe crush up some red berries , then the thought occurred , red wine , soak them in red wine to give them a unique colour.
 So on July 11 2019 I released my 1st lil red canoe down the Miskwaa Ziibi river and posted it on facebook , the results of that post will be told in another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was the big day for release.

  Hey all , I decided to release the "Miskwaa Message in a bottle" canoe on April 3 2022 , I felt the spring run off hit it's ...