Tuesday, October 15, 2019

October 15 2019 Day 98

This really has been a very interesting social project which continues to evolve.
Never would I have thought starting this July 11 it would take many twists and turns just like the river itself.
Just like in life itself we have many twists and turns , some more that others , it is how we deal with the situations.
Take the lil red canoe project ,
Did I think the lil critters of the woods would acquire a taste for them , no , so don't leave them out as snacks.
Did I think the river would dry up and delay their adventures , no , but continued releasing at least 1 canoe per day.
So now we come across another turn of events , now there were none.

This is the log I had placed lil canoes #156 #157 #158 #160 #171 and last was lil canoe #173 daily to await the rising river and carry them away to fulfill their destinies .
This was not to happen , last evening we noticed a couple of young people exploring the river down by our area , this happens a lot and we share the beauty of the river with anyone that wants to enjoy it , until they stopped at the safe harbour and bent down to look at what's there.
I proceeded to wander down to meet them and talk about the lil red canoe project , I did catch them off guard and I asked them if they touched any canoes , they said "no" I proceeded to tell them the meaning of the little canoes , people set them free for many reasons , they said they were washing them but again they said they took none.
I wasn't going to be confrontational for they were young and allowed them to continue down the river.
Later that evening we went down to enjoy the river and as imaged is what we found.
I allowed 24 hours to pass to think about what happened and here we are.

They are numbered and I am a good photographer.

The project will continue and people are still welcomed to set them free , however the safe harbour is no longer a safe harbour , with that in mind they can be set free anywhere on the river.
As for me , this is my solution
close enough to the river edge .
and in closing, I hope the parents of these young people do the right thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was the big day for release.

  Hey all , I decided to release the "Miskwaa Message in a bottle" canoe on April 3 2022 , I felt the spring run off hit it's ...