Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April 1 2020 Jean P.

Hi friends ,  I post this with a heavy heart.

As the world tries to cope with the ongoing pandemic from the Corona Covid 19 virus it has touched my life.

I will be sending lil red canoes down the river in dedication of people that have touched my life one way or another.

I will also  welcome anyone that wants me to set one free on their behalf.

again I respect privacy.

So today I dedicated and released a lil red canoe for Jean P , a beautiful caring person I had the fortune of meeting in Jan 2020 , as you may not know I also create Mini Miskwaa Canoes that are 5 inches long , stained and some have landscapes burned on the sides and are for sale , however the lil red canoes are not.

Jean P. commissioned me to create one that resembled her fathers canoe with many fond childhood memories and she has since donated the canoe to the Canadian Canoe Museum many years ago.

When it was completed she visited my studio , spent time by the river and was overwhelmed by its beauty , fell in love with the canoe I had made for her and said she will treasure it.

                                          Here is a image of Jean's Mini Miskwaa Canoe

I never had the opportunity to really get to know Jean , but what I do know it that she was an amazing artist.



so now her lil red canoe has been set free to explore the Miskwaa Ziibi river 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was the big day for release.

  Hey all , I decided to release the "Miskwaa Message in a bottle" canoe on April 3 2022 , I felt the spring run off hit it's ...